Monday, January 10, 2011

Writing in the dark

Writing in the dark

The electricity's been off for almost two hours now. Luckily it's not a super hot (or cold) night. It was supposed to be back on by 9PM but it's now 8:55 and, nope, no power.

I have my plane tickets (one for Jake too) so we'll be heading to England next week. I'm so excited! I won't have to sit in dark rooms by myself anymore. Plus, we can have our own Christmas in January. We'll do the tree, movies, turkey, stockings, shopping and all as if it were December. I'm sure this will be a great story for the grandkids one day.

I now have electricity (FPL says a vehicle hit a power pole - Ohno!) and have the evening to study up for my Elem Ed test I'm taking on Friday.

I'm headed across the pond next week! Finally! I have Jake's pet passport to get finalized but his cargo ticket has been booked. My ticket is set too; Premium Economy this time so I can have more luggage allowance hopefully. So my adventures will be more adventurous very soon. Now I can post pictures and talk about my trips to museums and art galleries rather than shopping at the grocery store.

I was glad to see my back in the day friend, Crystal, for lunch last week too. There's a big part of me here and a big part of me that has a whole new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment