Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Hump Day

Foggy Wednesday

Yesterday I accomplished something of a personal challenge. I walked down to Retail World where I could visit TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to us in the US) and Next (another small department store) that has the Starbucks, and Boots (all things toiletry and pharmacy).

I luckily still had audiobooks on my iPod, so I put on "The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things" and set out on my walk. It's a down the hill, down the straight road, across the "zebra crossing" and into the strip mall parking lot kind of trip. Much easier done with some kind of book to concentrate on.

I was able to grab us a couple shirts for Red Nose Day (I got the Shakespeare one, Steve has the Black Adder one). Then I grabbed a bag for £14. I was on a mission to find a bag that I can take around the shops with me. It's difficult for me to know how to prepare for cold weather without a car. Now I have an over the shoulder, not to big, fake alligator skin black bag for putting my gadgets and shopping, umbrella, keys, hat, scarf, etc in.

I still am not sure how people stay clean without a car. I was sweating like I did at the gym after walking up that hill. I need lessons first, then a car when I snag a job I think. I am a bit too prissy to handle sitting at work all day after sweating through my shirt on my trip in.

It's a foggy, dreary Wednesday. I'll take a walk later but first I hung around the house. The weather wasn't very motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment