Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October’s almost over again.

This time last year I was married and getting my paperwork set up for my Visa.  Wow, how I don’t miss that struggle to get everything in order.  I think I had a vodka and orange juice each night to curb the stress.  I was happy and excited but so convinced something was going to be overlooked and I’d mess the whole process up.  Plus I had the paperwork to get Jake over here with me.  That was a double whammy.

But look how it all turned out fine. I’m here in our computer room, typing away, waiting for Steve to get back from his work dinner (he had steak – I had a couple of eggs that broke when I dropped the carton on the kitchen floor.)  Jake seems to have settled in just fine.  He’s back to his over exuberant actions in search for attention and he seems pretty content.  (Still wondering if he needs a sister cat.)

So this year will be my first Christmas in England.  I’m really excited.  It’s been years since I’ve seen snow so that will be a big experience for me.  Plus there are so many nice, Christmas events going on around here.  We can go to tree lightings, enchanted parks, midnight mass, and visit Santa’s grotto too.  It’s nice to have a seasons and a vibe about Christmas that we don’t quite get in Florida.  Granted, having holidays in Florida is nice because we aren’t stuck in 10 feet of snow but the feeling of a proper Christmas isn’t the same as it was when I was in Ohio. 

I’m going to miss Thanksgiving though but I’ve made arrangements for us to have dinner here just as it should be.  Just wonder if the Macy’s Parade will be live streamed for me and available in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment