Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 Things About Me

Texas Woman's University Blagg-Huey Library

Since this was trending yesterday online I decided to go ahead and make a blog post about it.  Most of the information is pretty uneventful that you could find on my resume but nonetheless, here it is:

1. I worked at grocery store for 4 years.

2. I have a Master's Degree in Library Science.

3. A lot of what public librarians have to do reminds me of working at a grocery store.

4. I have a Bachelor's in English Literature.

5. I've taught middle school, high school and college.

6. I worked for United Space Alliance for a year.

7. I use to have an email address through NASA.gov.

8. My first job was working for the Department of English at my community college.

9. My first salary was $4 an hour, working 12 hours a week.

10. I have a Master's in Creative Writing.

11. I liked teaching college the most.

12. I used to be able to jog pretty well when I was in middle school.

13. Last year I twisted my ankle from jogging.

14. I moved to England a year ago.

15. I started reading more last year.

16. I finished my first draft of my first book before Christmas last year.

17. I'm a slow at re-reading and editing.

18. I wear my glasses more than contacts.

19. My favorite bands in my life have been: R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins and The White Stripes.

20. I really like taking photographs - it's my way of being artistic.

21. My feet are cold all the time.

22. I went skiing twice - once in Aspen, and then in Gatlinburg. I wasn’t very good at it.

23. Shows like “Glee”, “X-Factor” and “American Idol” don’t appeal to me at all but I love to watch documentaries and period piece movies.

24. I love swimming. It’s one thing I really miss about living in Florida – big, outdoor heated pools.

25. I could swim before I could walk.

26. My husband is my very best friend.

27. I don't like to listen to music or the television when I'm reading or working. I’m too easily distracted by noise.

28. Foods like sushi and fondue don't appeal to me at all but I love Chinese, Mexican and Italian food.

29. I love going to Disney for our vacation except I am not a big fan of the rollercoasters.

30. I love The Sims 3, Saints Row and Grand Theft Auto on the Xbox. I’m not good at 1st person shooter games. I fail the tutorial missions.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment