Thursday, July 10, 2014

Catch up before summer break

Star Wars pinball. #NERG

Things I’ve done lately:

  • Watched the director’s cut of Alien at the Tyneside.
  • Kept up with World Cup semi-finals.
  • Watched Kasabian, Metallica, Jack White, and Dolly Parton at Glastonbury. (Lana Del Ray was so boring live.)
  • Baked cupcakes for 4th of July (even though I’m in England.)
  • Taken down and put up displays in the classroom (cutting and pasting are not my forte.)
  • Read Never Let Me Go, and started Age of Miracles.
  • Started my gym membership again.
  • Went to the North East Retro Gaming event (lots and lots of pinball and old arcade games to play.)
  • Watched some more of Breaking Bad and finished Fargo.
  • Had two of my ten objectives for my Teaching Assistant course signed off.
  • Ben Folds. (Planning on seeing him Friday – Steve’s choice. He’s trying to show me why I should be a fan. All I know is ((awful)) Brick and You Don’t Know Me.)

Things I’ll do over break:

  • Write. (Enough said.)
  • Read. (Ditto.)
  • Edit. (I have a project that I’m putting off a 2nd draft because I just hate the story and don’t think it’s worth bothering.)
  • Maybe go to London on a day trip. (Super excited about this one.)
  • Try to go to Maths and English classes somewhere other than where I was going (my TA instructor agreed that I had every right to be angry about how stupidly those tutor sessions were being handled.)
  • Get my hair done.
  • Go to the nurse to ask her about my stupid knee.
  • Exercise. (Swimming is on the agenda.)

No comments:

Post a Comment