Thursday, August 1, 2013

#AugustBreak2013 Day 1

Right. After yesterday’s post, Tami @ The Thrift Shop Commando pointed me to the August Break 2013 Blog Challenge where “Each day, for the whole of August, take a photo and share it on your blog. You can add words if you want — or not.” Since I’m into my photos and I wanted some kind of motivation to post this month, I’m starting this challenge today.

The suggested theme was breakfast, and while this is a photo from Starbucks, it wasn’t breakfast. It was around 5:30PM. I have been stopping by there on my way to get Steve from work in the evenings, so if I make myself get out of the house, even for an hour beforehand, I can get some writing done in an air conditioned environment.

This is my way of saying I’ll be posting a lot of Starbucks and café photos this month.

I really wasn’t feeling well today, so I spent the afternoon lying on the couch with the cat, watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules on LoveFilm, then after my nap, I took my little adventure to Starbucks to get some kind of work done. I have one big project and one smaller-ish project right now. They’re similar themes, just I really want to get a decent middle grade book done so Steve and I can work on the illustrations and get it self published like we did for the first book.

So, that’s all I have for Day #1. If you’re planning on participating in a similar challenge, do let me know. I love to see what people come up. I’ve also added myself to the August Break 2013 Flickr Group because I love my Flickr as well (despite the new layout.) There are plenty of posts if you search Twitter, so it’s definitely worth taking a look.

The August Break 2013

3 comments:

  1. You're literally writing books for publication? How neat is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're literally writing books for publication? How neat is that!

    ReplyDelete