Monday, August 5, 2013

#AugustBreak2013 Day 5

It was raining this morning, so I took Steve into work today. I then went off to my local Next / Starbucks to get some work done. While it’s still summer, I found they had the Fall collection out. I know Brits poo-poo Next, but I always loved it in there. Granted I don’t really have the money or need to wear the cuteness, but I like to look anyway. I love the feeling that Autumn gives you, like when school starts again and there’s this hope for a whole new, exciting school year. This can only be accomplished, of course, with sweater sets and wool skirts. Sadly I just don’t need to buy such things anymore. Sort of makes me feel less girlie when I don’t shop, but my whole day consists of hanging out in a café, a swimming pool, a grocery store, or my house. Cuteness isn’t really required there.

There use to be a time though when I was a mad shopper. Now I do it in tiny, responsible sessions.

But the most important thing is that I started the week with over 800 words, so I’m still plugging away at the project, or WIP, as the writer blogs like to say. I’ve also decided to finally read Mockingjay even though I heard how much of a disappointment it is from the first book. I’ll have to update bookblogarama about that too. I was also trying to catch up with Downton Abbey last night on LoveFilm’s ITV Player. I know the big story events, but I’ve missed a lot of episodes from the middle of Season 2 and all of Season 3, pretty much. I know it’s hard to believe, but I lost interest after a while, but I was glad to watch again.

The August Break 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment