Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for Designing Women

Just watching the intro to this makes me homesick for Florida when I was a teenager. The girls were all funny, and the idea of having a business of your own, making your own rules, and working from home really appealed to me.

Personally, I wasn’t a fan of Bernice’s character, and once Charlene and Suzanne (great name) were off the show, it just wasn’t as good.

80’s honourable mentions: Dear John, Different Strokes, A Different World, Double Dare.

90’s honourable mentions: Dawson's Creek (I watched these later in syndication), Doogie Howser M.D., Dharma and Greg (I watched these, but they were kind of boring. Loved Jenna Elfman though. Who, btw, is in a Depeche Mode video: Halo.)

2 comments:

  1. Designing Women was very entertaining and well written. My husband (who's Egyptian) really enjoys reruns of Dharma and Greg! lol
    (new follower)
    Lexa Cain’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Dharma and Greg so I find it really difficult to watch that show with him in it, Criminal Minds. He has such a stick up his butt in it and yet as Greg he was cute and charming so it's like I keep waiting for signs of Greg to appear in his character. I am a misguided fool.

    ReplyDelete