Friday, April 18, 2014

P is for Punky Brewster and Parker Lewis Can’t Lose

I love, love, loved Punky Brewster. I wanted to be Punky Brewster. I dressed up as her for school (though my mother made me wear matching shoes.) Big, serious part of my whole existence was in this show. I remember being so excited when it came on every week. No words for my appreciation to Soleil Moon Fry for being on this show and showing little girls how different can be a good thing.



Parker Lewis Can't Lose was supposed to be a Ferris Bueller's Day Off for TV, which did much better than the actual Ferris Bueller TV Show. My favorite quote from Parker Lewis was, "Synchronize Swatches." Ah, the 90s were so good.

80s and 90s TV show honorable mentions: Perfect Strangers, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment