Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A list of Wednesday things

A quick update list:

1. Everyone at the AWP writer's convention; have fun.

2. Trying to keep myself focused on writing. I don't have a Twitter problem, or a tendency to listen to music to distract me. I'm just very good at procrastination - and it's not good.

3. It's sunny out lately (as seen in above photo). I wonder if this means winter is over without any real snow accumulation.

4. Got two calls about having my CV sent for teaching GCSE English. Since I've been watching Tough Young Teachers, and Headteachers don't want anyone not trained in England anyway, I'm not fussed.

5. Nothing else to report except my Samsung is still a pain and I'll be selling it and buying a Windows phone ASAP.

6. Television I’ve been watching: Walking Dead, R.L. Stine’s Haunting Hour, Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, American Horror Story: Coven (so weird and very Twin Peaks-ish), Nashville (not a fan of country music, but I like this), Pride and Prejudice (BBC version), and Sense & Sensibility (on Drama channel.)

7. I have one book idea that just won’t go anywhere. I’ve tried to get it to work a few times, outlining and writing ideas down, but it’s not happening. Going to set it aside for a while and work on the other projects.

8. Went back to the chiropractor this month. I still get reminded of the problem when I twist too much in the car, or sit in the computer chair for too long. This week I’m scheduled to learn some core strength exercises. I think that means I’m making progress. Yay!

9. We may go see The LEGO Movie this weekend.

10. I had my tire blow out right down the street from the house. Luckily I had already gone back and forth across the bridge and the A1, had picked Steve up from work, were on a flat, wide, empty road, and were just far enough away from the house to have AA come and put the spare on. I could do these things at one time, but this car had no wrench (plus, my back is not what it use to be.) So I now have my first British second hand tire shop on my speed dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment