Friday, June 24, 2011

I can see clearly now


I’ve been taking pictures when I’m out.  I’m trying to capture what I see but the prettiness and the quaintness just doesn’t quite transfer through my Blackberry lens a lot of times.  Still, I thought this photo of the church yard was nice.


Things got accomplished today which is definitely a good thing for a Friday.  I took the bus in with Steve and we grabbed some groceries at Tesco within the 10 minutes he had before going on to work. I then went to the eye doctor who gave me new contacts! These are the best I can get, so I’m told, and will take care of my astigmatism whereas the Proclear ones don’t.  I’ve worn those disposables for years and it’s been the same prescription.  Then I started getting the headaches, and ones my exam for my glasses proved that, no, I can’t see, I had to get fitted for some new lenses too.


After putting in those Proclears for so long, they now just will not agree with me.  They rip, float under the eyelid, hurt, chip, you name it.  My eye doctor said it may just be because I’ve worn contacts for so long (since I was in Elementary school), I may just need to take a break from them.  Something I suspected all along.  As I’ve said before, I think the Master’s in Library Science has turned me slowly into the librarian I’m meant to be.  My new glasses are cute so I’ll wear them with pride.  Glasses are hip these days, don't cha know?


After my eye exam, I did some errands (like getting stamps and envelopes for job applications) then had lunch with Mr. Pick at our new favourite place Cafe Eight. Afterwards, he put me back on the bus (a Yellow Bus at that) and sent me on my way back home.  I’m getting almost okay with riding the bus alone.  I am still sort of paranoid that I’ll miss my stop (those things sneak up on you when you’re admiring the view or people watching).  I’ve still not braved the subway by myself yet.


I’m predicting that it won’t be an issue in the near future as I think I’ll be starting some kind of supply teacher work very soon.  I’m told that my paperwork is finally in order and was asked to provide a photo for a badge from my agency. They also asked what my schedule was for next week so I’m taking that as a good sign.  There are just no library jobs available up here (they’re all in London – surprise!) so it’s back to the classroom I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment