Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another A to Z list

It's Thursday, and as I said last week, Thursday will be my blogging days - until I find a better day or more reasons to blog more often.

I've decided to go on with April's A to Z challenge again this year. My first set of entries were on local sights but this year I think I'll do something a bit "easier."

When I taught school, there were always references to movies that my students, aged 12-infinity, who would be oblivious to what I was talking about. As an English teacher it was easier for me to compare our literature to visual media but without the students' prior knowledge, the attempt to clarify a concept just didn't work.

I use to tell my students that "One day, we'll have Culture Day," where I would show them all the movies that they should see when they're on cable. (Most of the movies I will put on the list are played on Brighthouse every weekend but they still hadn’t seen them.)

These aren't going to be the best movies or even the best for the alphabet category. They are just the movies I think deserve to be on the list for Culture Day. Well, Culture Month.

In other news, the weather has been super warm and nice out lately. Yesterday I opted to walk to the library early, sat in the cafe by the open door and read for hours. Afterwards, I didn't want to go home so I lingered in the park with my book for a while there too. It's an awesome change of pace from the typical chilly North-East weather. Hooray for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment