Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dear PayPal, we’re through

I’ve talked about my issues with Ebay before and how PayPal has gotten considerably worse to deal with over the recent year. I’ve finally decided to cancel my PayPal account but, surprise, I can’t because their Close Account webpage form goes through the whole process, then tells me it has a “connection error.” This has been the same for the last three days.

So since all the customer service people tell me is to call their local US number, which I obviously can’t do right now, I have to resort to showing everyone else my letter that will go with my account closure statement because PayPal surely won’t listen.

I have had an incident with an Ebay seller who was sending me harassing messages over a product and I was given no support or refund on the matter. I should have closed my account then but now after I had a seller give me incorrect PayPal account info, I cancelled the payment for the unclaimed money and sent it to the seller's correct PayPal account. I was then given a negative balance in my PayPal account so, essentially, I paid for this item twice. I was given no support regarding this matter either. I also had to fight through PayPal's security procedure to get access to my own account and my own money when I changed my email address and password. To then be ripped off after that means I am cancelling my account and not coming back. PayPal needs to be more cooperative and helpful with their customers. There are way too many complaints regarding PayPal these days for this company to risk losing any more patrons. Thank you.

These are my reasons to finally close the account all together.  If they want to go through a whole process to verify who I am after changing my email address and password, just to let me use my own money, then turn around and charge me twice for something, then it’s not even worth risking the loss of $1 anymore.  It’s sad too because I use to use Ebay a lot in the US but since I’ve been here I’ve had way too many problems.  What gets me is that when you purchase something here and it gives you a “pay by card” option, you still have to agree to opening a PayPal account with that debit or credit card information. If you have an account already open, then you have to use whatever email or credit card is already listed to an account.

Sorry, no. I just can’t fight with them anymore on this.  So I’ve emailed PayPal a few times and told them their website is broken and I want my account closed. At least I was able to delete my card information off my account. That was after I paid PayPal $8 to use my own money, that is. I wasn’t even allowed to access my account until after that negative balance was taken off that was of their wrong doing to begin with.

Anyway, for those who are still buying and selling on Ebay without issue, I’m so glad you haven’t had to go through this kind of stupid stuff like I have.  For all those people who cancelled their accounts long ago and who have written complaint after complaint about PayPal’s poor service; I join your cause!

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,

4 comments:

  1. also having an issue closing account due to weird "error" paypal site claims. reps also cannot close account, citing weird and different reasons. they have no idea when the issue will be resolved. this is so shady it is not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right. I'm not going to be surprised when PayPal is finally forced to shut down. If all of us can see how shady they are - they need to change their policies ASAP.

      Delete
  2. Hi Suzanne,

    I have heard many complaints about PayPal, which is why I have avoided it all together. It is frustrating that you are not able to close an account without cutting through miles of red tape. There is definitely an opportunity here--create an online payment and money transfer business with solid customer service that will compete with PayPal.

    Glad to have stumbled upon your wonderful blog, and I hope to read your postings in the future!

    Best Regards,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm glad you like my blog.
      I was fortunate enough to finally close my account. If only I were a better business woman; I would love to give some competition to PayPal's monopoly for online shopping.

      Delete