Thursday, January 10, 2013

A paid day out

Today I took the Metro out to the coast to help out with test invigilation for a community college. There were two hundred plus students all set up in the gym and I got to answer questions like, “What’s my test centre number?” and “Can I borrow a pen?” I couldn’t even answer the specific questions they had about the test set up because I’d honestly not taken a good look at the English GCSE booklet before. At the last school I was teaching, the others in the English Department were teaching those questions so I at least now have a better understanding of the Sixth Form English exam.

I’m sitting in the dark bedroom this afternoon on the netbook while our regular PC is still claiming to be only at 11 out of 16 updates. It’s been saying that all night and day so Steve will have to check up on it tonight. I sort of like being tucked away in the bed as I write though. It’s much warmer here, that’s for sure. (It’s supposed to snow this weekend. Snow!)

Tomorrow, I’m still not sure if I’ll go to the gym of give in and go to the walk-in clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment