Tuesday, January 15, 2013

University a scam?

Bah! Almost forgot to post today. I was even going to write something thought provoking as well.

We've been watching Celebrity Big Brother which I thought I would hate (because I only ever know the Americans they bring in) but I like it. Anyway, before I go on a tangent about Heidi and Spencer versus Ryland, I was thinking about how the Lacey chick said that going to university was a scam.

My education is nothing I would ever give back. I love taking classes in subject areas that I'm interested in. I was so much brainer during my undergrad days, and my graduate degrees gave me insight into fields I didn't think about before (regarding Creative Writing and Library Science.)

But have those higher degrees been beneficial for more than my brains? Not really. They're terribly expensive and the job market is pitiful. Granted, the girl who claimed school was a scam is a naked model but, hey, maybe one day she'll want to feed her brains with school when she gets older.

Anyway, I tried out the new desk today. Loved it!

And it's been snowing off and on all day. I am indoors. Period. The sickness is still here so I'm just not going in the cold unless absolutely necessary (or until I get cabin fever.)

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment