Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!

So begins another year. Today is windy but sunny so we’ve decided to take a walk to shake off this cabin fever. The moment I got home from school on Friday the 21st, I felt weird. That evening I developed the chills. By Saturday, despite my driving lesson, I knew I had the flu. All over Christmas break I fought off the terrible sickness which Steve didn’t get until Boxing Day or so. Luckily he didn’t get this crud as bad as I did but we’re still feeling the tail end of the junk. I now have a cough and a sinus headache that only pharmacist approved Sudafed can ease. I’m so very grateful to not be as sick as I was but I’m also planning on getting my flu shot the minute they’re available this next winter.

Tomorrow Steve will be back to work, and I’ll be back to the same routine I was before I started teaching last term. I was planning on finishing the second book in the Cupcake Witches series so the first draft could be done by the end of NaNoWriMo. It didn’t happen that way but, oh well, there’s always this year.

I’ll keep on searching for a steady paid job but, honestly, the only availability I’m getting is through the teaching agencies. I’ve thought about going to an office temp agency as well. Again I say, I’m not holding my breath on getting anything permanent but there’s not much else I can do about the situation.

All in all, I’m happy that a new year is upon us. I know things will get done such as my settlement Visa and passing my driver’s test. I know I’ll write more and I’ll keep on keeping on as we all do. At least I have some money in the bank to use for bus money and coffee when I go out to write in public places.

No comments:

Post a Comment