Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday is for rest

Our weekend was nice and relaxing. Since Steve had gone off to a Developers' Conference earlier in the week, it was nice to just hang around here together. Yesterday we took a walk down to Retail World before hitting Sainsbury's for groceries. I was looking for another Nike+ sensor to use with my sports band. But I decided to try and old one of Steve's instead. I did get a pedometer for £5 to keep with me for my walks though. It was funny: when we were at Sports Direct discussing if I could synch up an old sensor to the new sports band, this kid working there overheard us and gave his advice. He said the same thing Steve was telling me, that the sensors were universal. The kid, however, told me that I could just get a sensor on Amazon for £5. Good salesman there, Sports Direct. Not only does he tell me to not buy it at his store but he grossly exaggerates how much less it will be if we don't buy from his store. No big deal, just found it funny.

Yesterday we watched NASA's Greatest Missions. I love how the commander of STS-114, the flight after Columbia, was saying that while people think they should get rid of the shuttle because it puts astronaut's lives in danger, astronauts don't feel that way. It really is sad that our space program is at a standstill now. Not having our own National Aeronautics and Space Administration calling the shots, doing the research, creating new ways of exploring, it's just wrong. Our economy is a mess and I cannot wait until we can all get back to doing what we need to be doing, especially NASA. I'm glad that some of my old workmates are still employed at KSC and Cape Canaveral though.

No comments:

Post a Comment