Saturday, October 8, 2011

Between two Fridays

NaBloPoMo: Talk about one important thing that happened between last Friday and today.

One important thing? I flew across an ocean in 7 hours and 20 minutes. A bunch of other things? Well, let's see:

Last Friday was Sept 30. At 12AM London time we were sitting at the airport in Sanford, watching a Manchester flight leave. Our flight was to take off around that same time but was 7 hours late. We were the last flight of the day and the staff at the airport begrudgingly let us know about it. We heard comments between one another about how they just wanted to go home (yeah, same with the other 200 of us stuck at the airport, don't you think?)

But we left at 12:50AM Orlando time to arrive home at 2PM Newcastle time. We slept and slept after a quick trip to the store. We tried to get back on our schedule. We stayed home, watched the rest of this season's Doctor Who (I understand about as much as can be expected now). 

I tried jogging outside in the park. I decided that was a bad idea: cold wind & lack of pace monitoring. I hung a wedding picture up that we got from my parents in lieu of our first anniversary. I tried out my new Kodak Easyshare camera. I got (somewhat) use to the cold again. I baked pork chops and potatoes in the crock pot.

So the all of this does lead to the most important event - I'm back in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment